PEOPLE ASKED I ANSWERED
1. Is Mari your friend? Yes,she is
2. When did the 1st time you met Mari? I met Mari virtually via iTDi Collaborative Community. I knew her as one of iTDi Associates. I learned a lots from her. And, I met in person for the 1st time is on Wednesday,February 26th 2014
3. Really? Why you both looked so close? Hahaha…This is me and This is her. We are lovely friends^^ Thank you.
4. How did you communicate with Mari? Thru social media,especially facebook and email.
Those questions always come to me after Mari come into my English School.
WHY I CHOOSE THAT TITTLE?
There are some reasons why I choose that as the tittle,they are;
1. It’s the 1st time for Mari Y took her students of Seminar Class to go abroad and all are boys.
2. It’s the 1st time for those boys come to Indonesia,especially to Depok and Jakarta.
3. It’s the st time for those boys visited a local English School and communicated with them in English.
4. It’s the 1st time for me to welcome special guests from other country,the I accompanied them to go around Depok-Jakarta.
5. It’s the 1st time for me to take foreigner students and engage them with my students in my classroom.
6. It’s the 1st time for me to be listen people speaking Japanese and I tried to understand their speaking.
….so many things for me are the 1st:)
The 1st Day–> Wednesday,February 26th 2014
My sister and I picked them up at Soekarno-Hatta Int’l Airport at 10.55 am. Unfortunately, the flight has been delayed. So, we both had to wait for an hour. After an hour, suddenly a very energetic woman run to me and hold me..yes,she is MARI YAMAUCHI, a friend who I’ve never met in person, a lecturer who I know her thru social media. The, she introduced the boys behind her. They are all from her Seminar Class. They are;
- Shota FUJISAKI
- Hiroki NAKAJIMA
- Tomohito MUNAKATA
- Daichi YAMASHITA
- Hidenari UMEDA
- Yuta OSAWA
- Koki SAKAI
Right after having lunch together, we went to our Guest House by a school van at TAMAN REKREASI WILADATIKA,CIBUBUR-JAKARTA. It’s near my house and my English School. It is a simple house with a simple facilities. Why didn’t I take them to stay in a five star hotel? Because I wanted to show them a real life of Indonesian. Because Mari told me that they came here to learn about our cultures.
The traffic in Jakarta was not really friendly, so we spent about 3 hours to get to the Guest House. After checking time, I took them to enjoy the beauty of “MASJID KUBAH MAS” in Depok-West Java. Along the way to Masjid Kubah Mas, they enjoyed the views of Depok City in the afternoon. Then, we arrived at Masjid Kubah Mas at 6 p.m , it means that as a Moslem I had to do ‘SHOLAT MAGHRIB”. They allowed us to do that.
After that we left the place to look for some foods for dinner. I took them to one of the Shopping Malls in Depok. We enjoyed our 1st dinner.
The Second Day, Thursday 27th 2014.
The 2nd day was a very full day. We had 3 programs in a day.
The 1st program –> Visiting Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII),Jakarta.
TMII is the miniature of Indonesia. In there, we could enjoyed the beauties of traditional houses from all over the provinces and also kinds of museums. In TMII, they boys had a chance to get on a cable car, visit some traditional houses, have lunch in Padang Restaurant and also buy some Batik Shirts, souvenirs etc.
The 2nd program –> Visiting NIHON CLUB of SMA 4 DEPOK
We arrived at SMA 4 around 3 pm, then we had a chat with members of NIHON Club everything about Japan,Japanese and also about our country,Indonesia. The students could practice their Japanese with them. Everybody felt happy at that time. Thanks to Ibu Vice-Principal who’ve joined us in the room.
The last program –> Visiting my English School (New Concept English Education Centre, Branch 25)
My English school is located near to SMA 4,so we went there on foot. Again, I wanted to show to all Japanese the real Indonesia and Indonesian. After arriving at NC 25, they had to sit on the carpet in the veranda cos they had to wait for “Meet and Greet” session with my teens. Around 5 pm, all those Japanese boys had to join in my teens class. My teens looked so happy meeting them. They asked some questions to those Japanese boys enthusiastically. The last class was my conversation class. The students are from the 3rd year of High School Students and also University students. They looked so happy and fun. Their activities during a half an hour;
1. Each of students had to introduce himself/herself in English.
2. My students presented about one of musical traditional equipment from West Java, “ANGKLUNG”.
3. Mari students told us about ‘SNOWY’ session in Japan.
4. All of the students played a children game both from Indonesia or Japan.
5. Each of student has to tell a hope and an impression about their 1st meeting.
6. All of students had to change their gifts each other.
The 3rd Day, Friday 28th 2014
Friday was the last day they’re in Indonesia. I took them to go sight seeing around Jakarta. I took them by public transportation, by ANGKOT ( a public van) and also by TRAIN. It’s the 1st time they took ANGKOT and they felt hot then sweaty,but they felt very fun because the driver was so clever while driving. As for the train, they didn’t have any problem, everything is okay with the train. We took the train to Kota Tua,Jakarta.
@ KOTA TUA,Jakarta
In Kota Tua,Jakarta, they had lunch at “Cafe Batavia” and enjoyed some historical objects from the Dutch Era.
After spending 3 hours in Kota Tua, we went to Grand Indonesia,one of big shopping malls in Jakarta. WE went there by taxi. It’s time for them to shop something unique from Indonesia.
Finally, I had to see they went back to Japan at 3 am.
It’s the hardest time for me, sure…after being with them for 3 days, talking, having fun and also learning together, I had to say GOOD BYE. We spent 4 hours before leaving the Guest House by doing some activities which made us are getting closer each other.
Mari and the boys, thousands thank you for your willingness to come and visit our small English School and make my students feel happier than before. You are all inspiring us to learn more about other people from different cultures. Besides learning English, my students are also inspiring to learn about Japan and Japanese.
Personally, I’d like to say sorry for my err during 3 days together. Boys…I will never forget what you said before leaving us
” Kanashimanaide,Ika sensei..I will be back here ” 🙂
Mari and the boys, my door will always open to you anytime you come back here again. Good luck for you all.^^
Hugs and Kisses,